Introduction to Homescale Permaculture Design 6th-7th August 2022 – Lackan Cottage Farm, Co. Down
A 2 day Introduction to Permaculture weekend course with a focus on gardening, food growing and homescale design.
Permaculture designer and teacher Hannah Mole from Earthcare Permaculture Design in County Roscommon will lead the course with input from Steve and Claire Golemboski-Byrne of Lackan Cottage Farm.
On the course we will:
- Introduce the key concepts and ideas that form a Permaculture design approach.
- Explore and apply these to the ecological design, set up and management of a home and garden.
- Actively learn a step by step framework for getting started on, or continuing with the development of your own place.
- Learn from the experiences of Steve and Claire at Lackan, their transition from a ‘conventional’ background to an Organic and Permaculture designed land and lifestyle.
- Enjoy a tour of the Lackan Cottage Farm site which includes food gardens, woodland, eco-renovations, reedbed system, rainwater collection, renewable energy technologies, natural building and more
- Do some hands-on garden and woodland work.
- Connect in with a larger vision and context of sustainable food production and landscape management.
- Inspire you to live sustainably.
It will be of benefit to you if you:
- Are looking to make lifestyle changes towards sustainability starting with your own place or plot.
- Are a beginner or seasoned gardener interested in a more ecological approach.
- Would like to provide some or much of your own food and resources from the land around them be it a small garden, a community space or a bigger plot.
- Work in landscape design or land management and would like some new ‘tools’ and perspectives to your work.
- Want to take a positive and active approach to environmental and health issues of climate change, biodiversity loss, food and nutrition security.
- Want to align your lifestyle with the Permaculture values of Care for the Earth, Care for People and Fair shares.
- Simply want to know more about this ‘Permaculture’ thing!
Fees & Booking and What’s included :
Course fee is on a sliding scale:
Standard fee, waged €150 / £120 GBP
Low waged €110 / £90 GBP– Limited spaces available
Limited free camping onsite (other local accommodation can be advised)
Lunches and Refreshments – vegetarian food, please advise in advance of any allergies
Places are limited so early booking advisable.
Search the site
- composting toilets
- green tourism
- green woodworking
- low impact living
- natural building
- off grid
- renewable energy
- self sufficiency
- the farm